Sometimes errors and issues occur while updating the QuickBooks application or the payroll function. One such common error is the QuickBooks error 15103, which prevents the user from performing the update process. The error usually occurs due to a damaged or corrupted file, although there can be other possible reasons for this error. The error states that the update program is damaged or cannot be opened, and thus, you need to address this error code immediately. In this article, we are going to talk about the QuickBooks error code 15103 in detail, along with its various reasons and effective solutions to eliminate it.
If you are having difficulty understanding the steps or fixing the error on your own, you can call us at +1- 888-704-1357 and get immediate assistance from our support team
QuickBooks Update Error 15103: Possible Causes
The factors that might be contributing to the QuickBooks error code 15103 are –
- Microsoft Internet Explorer is not correctly configured, and you need to perform a reconfiguration.
- QuickBooks is unable to verify the digital signature of the file.
- QuickBooks is not correctly installed, or the installation files are either damaged or corrupted.
- Windows registry issues can also cause the error code 15103.
- There is some virus or malware infection that has infected QuickBooks.
- Some essential Windows files are corrupted or damaged.
- Your Windows OS is outdated and might not be compatible with your current QuickBooks version.
- An unsuccessful QuickBooks installation can also lead to the update error.
Read Also – QuickBooks keeps crashing
Solutions for Addressing the QuickBooks Desktop Error 15103
The QuickBooks error message 15103 can be easily rectified by following the solutions provided below –
Solution 1 – Run the QuickBooks Reboot.bat File as a Windows Admin
You need to run the reboot.bat file by using your admin rights to resolve QB error 15103.
- Find the QB icon and right-click on it to select the Properties menu, followed by selecting the Open File Location option.
- Type reboot or reboot.bat in the search box and right-click on the file to select the Run as Administrator option.
- Click Yes and restart your PC to rerun QuickBooks and check the status of the error code.
Solution 2 – Download the Latest QB Updates and Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop
You need to update QuickBooks to the latest release to fix any errors and glitches that might be causing the QuickBooks update error 15103.
- From the C drive, go to the Program Data menu and open the QuickBooks Folder to go to its components.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop to go to the QuickBooks Help menu and select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Click on Reset Update from the Update Now tab and select the Get Updates option.
- Let the downloads complete, and once done, rerun QuickBooks and select Install Now to install the recently downloaded updates.
Solution 3 – Run the QuickBooks Tool Hub Utility to Fix the Application Issues within
Run the QuickBooks Tool Hub to utilize the different tools within and fix the issues with your application.
- Download the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the Tool Hub utility.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to the Program Problems tab to activate the Quick Fix my Program tool to run a repair.
- Check if the error code is fixed and if not, go to the Company File Issues tab to select the QuickBooks File Doctor utility.
- Browse your company file and select the Check your File and Network option to repair file and network issues.
- Click Continue and provide your admin password to complete the repair process to resolve the QuickBooks Desktop error 15103.
Solution 4 – Switch to the Windows Safe Mode from the Run Window
You need to reinstall QuickBooks by activating the selective startup mode and eliminate the error.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run window and type msconfig to run the command.
- From the General tab, checkmark the Selective Startup option and uncheck the Load System Services option.
- Click OK and restart your system to rerun QuickBooks and check the error status.
- Lastly, switch back to the Normal Startup Mode and start your computer again.
Recommended To Read – QuickBooks keeps crashing
Solution 5 – Install and Import the Intuit Digital Signature Certificate
Install the digital signature certificate to resolve the QB error code 15103.
- Go to the Program Files tab from the C drive to select your current QB version and type QBW32.exe.
- Right-click on the QBW32.exe file to select the Properties and go to the Digital Signature tab.
- From the program list, select Intuit and click on View Certificate to install it.
- Select the Install Certificate option and hit Next to complete installing the digital signature.
- Hit Finish and let the import process end to restart your PC. Download the update again and rectify the QuickBooks update error 15103.
Solution 6 – Check for Windows Updates and Install the Recent Available Updates
You need to upgrade your Windows OS to the latest version to get rid of the issues while updating the program.
- Right-click the Windows Start icon and select Settings to go to the Update & Security section.
- From the Windows Update section, select Check for Updates and download the recent updates.
- Click on Download and Install to complete the update process and install the Windows OS updates.
- Restart your PC and make sure that your Windows OS is compatible with your current QB version.
- Rerun QuickBooks and try updating the application again to see if the QuickBooks error message 15103 is eradicated.
Errors while updating the QuickBooks application and the payroll function are common. The QuickBooks error 15103 can be easily addressed by following some effective steps. Follow the solutions provided above, and if the error code persists, you might need advanced troubleshooting. You can call us at +1- 888 704 1357 and get assistance from our team of experts to fix the issue.