With its cutting-edge features and frequent upgrades to maintain the application’s flawless operation, QuickBooks Payroll helps users in the best way possible. This tool has been used by users all over the world to easily handle paychecks and pay employees via direct deposit. Users may now occasionally see the QuickBooks payroll issue PS058 when attempting to download the most recent payroll updates. The problem prevents payroll updates from downloading and ultimately interferes with the functionality of numerous other programs. Let’s say you have experienced this problem as a user. If so, you’ve come to the right spot since we’ll discuss how to manually fix QuickBooks payroll problem PS058 and properly install the most recent upgrades.
Causes of the PS058 QuickBooks Error
Like any other mistake, QuickBooks payroll error PS058 develops for a variety of causes. We will discuss the problem’s cause in this part so that you, as users, can exercise caution and possibly even successfully resolve the mistake.
- One of the main causes of error code PS058 is damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company files.
- The Windows component files contain several internal problems.
- The QuickBooks company data file is not stored by default on the C: Drive.
- The update procedure is being hampered by the Windows Firewall or an anti-virus program that is installed on the computer, leading to error PS058.
- Your Payroll subscription is no longer active.
- Inaccurate Employee Identification Number (EIN) in corporate file
Read more: QuickBooks Error OL 222
How to Manually Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS038?
It’s time to examine the step-by-step procedure to resolve the PS038 problem. If you want to swiftly fix the mistake, you must be cautious while you implement these instructions.
Review the Payroll Service Subscription in Step 1
You can use this initial step to see if your payroll subscription is still in effect. The QuickBooks payroll problem PS058 is caused by an inactive subscription, so you must check it following the procedures below.
- Close QuickBooks and the company files first.
- Restart the system shortly after.
- Open QuickBooks, then select Employees.
- Choose Manage Service Key after choosing My Payroll Service.
- Examine the Service Name and Status choices, which both need to be set to Active.
- To verify your service key number, click Edit. If the key appears to be incorrect, make the necessary adjustments and click Next.
- Open Payroll Setup should be unchecked.
- Select Finish.
- After the aforementioned information has been changed, the payroll update should start downloading.
Continue to the next step if the QuickBooks payroll error PS058 persists.
Step 2: Download the most recent updates for QuickBooks.
Various error codes are frequent when your version of QuickBooks is outdated. Therefore, to address payroll problems, our specialists advise updating QuickBooks.
- First, close the QuickBooks Desktop application and any opened company files.
- Next, select Start from the menu and then search for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Find the icon and then select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- The No Company Open screen is reached by this command.
- Choose Help from the menu.
- Select QuickBooks Desktop Update.
- Now select Mark All from the Options menu.
- Decide whether to save.
- Select the Reset Update checkbox after selecting the Update Now tab.
- Utilize the Get Updates button to finish the procedure.
You have to shut down and restart QuickBooks Desktop. Click the Yes button on your screen to apply the updates and restart your computer.
Run Quick Fix my Program in step three.
Under QB Tool Hub, there is an option called Quick Fix my software. This is an additional step you can do to address QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058 since Program Hub is an external tool that enables users to manage common QuickBooks errors.
- Close QuickBooks if the data file is still open.
- To access the QuickBooks Tool Hub, open a web browser now.
- The download file will need to be saved somewhere on your computer, and you will be prompted to do so. We advise picking a location that is simple to get to.
- When the file is on your computer, double-click it to install the Tool hub and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the procedure.
- You must also concur with the terms and conditions.
- Double-clicking the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon is the next step.
- Select Program Problems from the list of options once you are on the QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Go to Quick Fix My Program and click.
Check the most recent tax table to verify if the payroll update may proceed without issues.
Also avail our QuickBooks Data Service