Let’s Catch Essential Checklist for Australian Partner Visas

If you want to live with your spouse or partner in Australia, obtaining a relevant partner visa is your first step to fulfilling that goal. Several temporary and permanent partner visas are offered by the Department of Home Affairs, each having a different set of criteria. For example, the Partner Visa Subclass 300 is for those who want to visit Australia to marry their prospective spouse and make a partner visa application. So, before you choose your option, always consider the purpose. Let us look at the documents’ checklist of several Australian partner visas.

Relationship Documents for the Prospective Marriage Visa Subclass 300

The Prospective Marriage Visa 300 allows the holder to do the following things.

  • Residing in Australia for 9 to 15 months from the visa grant date,
  • Studying in Australia at your cost,
  • Working in Australia, and
  • Travelling abroad and returning to Australia whenever you wish.

If you want to settle in Australia, make sure you apply for a Partner Visa 820 before your prospective marriage visa expires.

The relationship documents you have to provide at the time of your visa application are as follows.

Statutory Declarations by Two Witnesses

Two people have to fill in Form 888. Make sure they are above 18 years, have known you and your spouse for a long time and know about the relationship.

If your witness is an Australian permanent resident or citizen, you must submit relevant proof like a birth certificate or passport.

Other Relationship Documents

You will also have to provide other relationship documents, including:

  • Proof that you two have met each other personally after becoming adults,
  • Proof that you two will marry within 9 months of obtaining the visa,
  • Proof that you will live together after marrying,
  • Essential details about your relationship like when you first met, how your relationship has developed, significant events in your relationship, and when you got engaged

Relationship Documents for the Partner (Provisional) Visa Subclass 309 and the Partner Visa (Temporary) Subclass 820

Suppose you are the spouse or de facto partner of an Australian permanent resident, citizen, or eligible New Zealand citizen. In that case, you can apply for the Partner Visa Subclass 309. This visa is a temporary visa that provides the foundation for applying for the permanent Partner Visa Subclass 100.

The benefits are as follows.

  • You can stay for a maximum of 2 years in Australia.
  • You can study and work in Australia.
  • If eligible, you can attend free English language classes offered by the Adult Migrant English Program.
  • You can access Medicare benefits.

The Partner Visa Subclass 820 is similar to the 309 Visa, except it is a visa for onshore applicants while the 309 Visa is for offshore applicants. So, the relationship documents for the two are the same.

820 Visa helps you apply for the 801 Visa, a permanent residence visa.

Basic Relationship Documents

Whether you are married or in a de facto relationship, you have to provide valid evidence. The evidence must show that:

  • Both of you have a mutual commitment to each other,
  • You have a genuine and continuing relationship,
  • You are not related by blood, and
  • You live together

Some details about Your Relationship

You have to give a written statement to the Department of Home Affairs where you have to mention:

  • How, when, and where you first met
  • What you do together
  • How your relationship blossomed
  • The time you spent apart
  • When you got engaged or married
  • Significant events in your relationship
  • Future plans

Joint Financial Documents

To prove that you share financial matters, you have to provide documents like joint lease or mortgage papers, joint bank account statements, joint loan documents for cars, appliances, houses, etc.

Joint Household Documents

You also have to prove that you and your partner share domestic matters. For that, you can provide:

  • A written statement about how you share household duties
  • Household bills in both names
  • Documents showing joint responsibility for children
  • Living arrangement documents

Documents Related to Social Matters

Others should know about your relationship. To prove that, you can consider providing documents, including:

  • Joint invitations
  • Other evidence that you go out together
  • Proof that you have common friends
  • Proof that you have informed public, government, or commercial organisations about your relationship
  • Proof that you travel together
  • Proof of doing cultural and social activities together
  • Statutory declarations issued by your family members, relatives, parents of your partner, and friends

Commitment Documents

Lastly, you have to prove that you are in a committed and long-term relationship. Evidence may include:

  • Documents that prove that you know each other’s family situation, background, and personal details
  • The terms of your wills
  • Proof that you have combined your personal matters
  • Evidence that you always care for each other when staying apart

What Are Some of the Common Documents You Need to Submit?

There are some specific documents common for all the visas.

Identity Documents

  • You have to provide your birth certificate with both the names of your parents mentioned on it. Suppose you do not have a birth certificate. In that case, you may choose to give a family book containing your parents’ names, an identification document issued by the government or court, or identification pages of a family census register.
  • In addition, you must submit pages of your current passport that show your personal details and photographs.
  • You can also submit a national identity card.

Former Relationship Documents

If you have been in any relationship previously, do not forget to submit relevant documents.

Character Documents

For any visa application in Australia, you have to submit character certificates. It is crucial to obtain an Australian Federal Police certificate for partner visas.

Dependent Applicant Documents

For dependent children under 18, provide their birth certificates and a filled-in parental responsibility form.

Documents if You Take Migration Help

You may hire a registered migration agent Adelaide. In that case, make sure you submit a completed Form 956.

Final Words

Hiring an immigration agent Adelaide will streamline your visa application process and guarantee the most desired outcome. For contacts, you may get in touch with any top-rated migration firm.

Stay in Touch

To follow the best weight loss journeys, success stories and inspirational interviews with the industry's top coaches and specialists. Start changing your life today!

Related Articles