Millions of Indians utilise the IRCTC to reserve railway tickets for domestic travel. It has developed over time into an application that offers a variety of services, including vacations, hotels, tour packages, flights, dinner reservations, and many other travel-related services.Customers can make reservations through the IRCTC website or mobile app. Customers can currently reserve up to 6 e-tickets per month.However, users can only book up to 12 e-tickets in a month provided they have link Aadhaar to IRCTC account and validated the Aadhaar of any other passengers on the ticket.In order to accomplish this, they must sign into their account on either the IRCTC Rail Connect app to mobile.
Link Aadhaar with IRCTC Account Online
You can follow these simple steps to link your Aadhaar number with IRCTC account:
- Use your “User ID” and “Password” to get into your IRCTC account.
- From the “My Account” menu, choose “Link Your Aadhaar.”
- Click “Send OTP,” enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number, check the disclaimer, and then click.
- Enter the OTP that was issued to the Aadhaar-register mobile number.
- Your information will be shown on the screen.
- Select “Update” after selecting the disclaimer.
- Your IRCTC account and Aadhaar will be successfully link.
How to Add Aadhaar Number of a Passenger
Before purchasing a ticket online, passenger information must be put to the master list in order to validate the Aadhaar number of the customer. To add a passenger to the master list and confirm it using Aadhaar, just follow these easy steps:
- Use your “user ID and password” to log into your IRCTC account.
- Choose “Master List” from the drop-down menu in the “My Profile” section.
- Enter information like your name, birthdate, gender, preferred berth, cuisine, senior citizen discount, etc.
- Enter your Aadhaar number in the ID Card Number field after choosing “Aadhaar card” from the ID Card Type menu.
- Click the “Submit” button now.
- The Master List will be update with the passenger’s information. However, the status will read “Pending” for verification. For information that has been validate using Aadhaar, the status is “Verify.”
- Click on the link provided above the list to check the status of any pending Aadhaar Verifications.
- The “Verification Status” column will state “Not verifiy” if Aadhaar verification is not perform.
- Users can edit their information and add their Aadhaar for verification before clicking “Update” for any “Not Verified” details.
Steps to Book Tickets using the Aadhaar Verified Master List
By directly choosing passenger information from the Master List, IRCTC customers are able to make reservations for tickets. It spares the user from having to enter passenger information each time he wishes to make a reservation. The following describes how to choose Aadhaar certified travellers from the master list:
- Enter your trip information to find trains.
- Choose the class, then select the “book now” button.
- Next, select “Select passenger from the Master List” from the menu.
- Select “Select passengers” and check the boxes next to any saved passenger information in the Master List.
- Your information will be directly enter to the booking window, and you may move on to the payment method to reserve the ticket.
Users must use their Aadhaar numbers to verify potential passengers, and they must add the confirmed travellers to the passenger master list. If you intend to buy more than six tickets in a month, you should do this before starting the booking process. The user has the option to book up to 12 extra tickets each month by adding Aadhaar confirmed passengers from the master list at the time of booking. However, Aadhaar verification is not require for booking up to 6 railway tickets in a month, for more than 6 Aadhaar is verification is require.