Users of QuickBooks frequently experience payroll issues. They normally start when the payroll subscription expires and stop the update process. When a user attempts to download payroll updates after updating QuickBooks to a new version, the error frequently manifests. There is a problem authenticating your payroll subscription, according to the error notice that flashes on the screen. The payroll problem can occur for a number of reasons, including an expired QuickBooks payroll subscription, a corrupt paysub.ini file, and an out-of-date Windows operating system. Continue reading this blog to learn about the reasons of error PS036 in QuickBooks and how to solve it quickly.
Call our +1-888-704-1357 number to speak with a member of the QuickBooks technical support staff if you are unable to fix the PS036 error.
The causes of QuickBooks error code PS036
The following is a list of the known causes of the error:
- The subscription to QuickBooks Payroll is no longer active or valid.
- One dormant direct deposit arrangement has multiple active payroll agreements.
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop and Windows does not support it.
- The possibility of QuickBooks data destruction and an erroneous service key.
- Error or invalid Employer Identification Number.
- There is a problem with the Internet connection settings.
- Damage to files found in the CPS folder.
- The Windows Firewall’s settings prevent QuickBooks from updating the payroll.
Techniques to Fix PS036 in QuickBooks Payroll Update
Technique 1: Verify your subscription to QuickBooks Payroll
- Open QuickBooks, select My Payroll Service from the Employees menu.
- Log in with your Intuit Account and choose Account/Billing Information.
- After making sure the payroll service is active, close the window.
Technique 2: Install the most recent version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the Windows Start menu after closing the QuickBooks file and QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Locate the QuickBooks Desktop icon from the list of apps, then right-click it.
- Go to the No Company Open screen, select the Run as administrator option, and then select the Help menu.
- Select Update QuickBooks Desktop, then click Mark All from the Options menu.
- To remove past QuickBooks updates, select Save, then click the Update Now tab and select the Reset Update checkbox.
- Accept the offer to install the update after selecting Get Updates to begin downloading it.
- Restart your computer after the installation is finished.
Technique 3: To resolve error PS036: Delete EntitlementDataStore.ecml
- Quit QuickBooks Desktop, click Windows Start, and then type “Run” into the Windows search box.
- Type C:ProgramDate:IntuitEntitlementClientV8 into the Run box after it appears, then press the Enter key.
- Next, locate and right-click the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Select Delete, then confirm by clicking Yes.
- Restart QuickBooks after that, and then register it once more by following the on-screen instructions.
- Try these additional solutions if the ones above don’t work to fix error PS036:
- Update the payroll tax table in QuickBooks.
- To run Quick Fix my Program, download QuickBooks Tool Hub.
After putting the aforementioned fixes into practice, we anticipate that you will be able to resolve the QuickBooks Error PS036. Call us at our toll-free number +1-888-704-1357 to speak with a licensed QuickBooks Data Services expert if the issue persists or if you need any assistance.